Car transportation services are those which carry different vehicles from one place to another. When you are moving your residence, you will be in need of car transportation services. Today, it is a specialized industry and there are a number of companies working in this field.
Why Do You Need Such Service?
Why should you require someone else to transport your car? If you are shifting your residence or simply going for a prolonged holiday, you can simply drive down in your car. Most people however do not want to do that. The reasons are:
It will put a lot of mileage on the car and subject it to needless wear and tear.
It will eat into your precious vacation time which is better spend with your family.
Your total costs will include the cost of fuel, the one way flight ticket and the cost of your own room and food. Together, they will probably be more than what you would have to spend on car transportation services.
Steps to Transport Your Car
The process of transporting your car has been described here to make the process easy for you to understand:
- Choose an auto shipping company. You can make your choice by calling around your area for car shipping quotes. Here are the things to remember when screening the car transportation services.
- The selected company must be registered with the United States Department of transport and must have a registration number. This authentication should never be overlooked.
- Check the service record of the car transportation services with transport review sites.
- You can also ask for bids in the websites which have been set up for this purpose. You will have a better chance of obtaining bargain prices.
- · When you ask for a quote from car shipping services, you will have to provide information like year, make and model of the car, date and distance to be transported, type of transport preferred, any special requirements and your contact information.
- · Once a rate has been agreed upon, decide the coverage you want from your insurance provider.
- · You will probably have to pay a deposit up front to book the service of the car transporter.
- · Once these formalities are out of the way, you will have to prepare your car for shipment. The following steps should be followed
- Clean out your car thoroughly. This will help in the process of inspection.
- Fold down the mirrors and remove any loose object from the car. All these increase the possibility of damage.
- Make duplicate keys to the ignition, the doors, the trunks and any other locked compartment and provide them to the auto shipper.
- Keep the fuel tank only a quarter full so that the car can be loaded and unloaded.
- You can take pictures of your car so that they can be compared with at the time of delivery. If there is any discrepancy, this will help you to file claim with the insurance company.
On the scheduled day of delivery, a trailer will arrive to pick up your vehicle. Make sure that the place of delivery is big enough to accommodate the trailer.
After the driver finishes his inspection, your car is loaded and the journey begins. You will be able to track the journey of your car through the company’s online tracking device.
When the car is about to reach its destination, the driver will call you. Pick up the car at the scheduled spot and go over the condition with the driver so that you can make a claim if necessary.
So, if you follow the above steps while using car transportation services you will find that transporting cars across the country is easy and convenient and it will save you a lot of time.